Saturday, October 22, 2011

Found, Safe Good-Priced Organic Raisins

I was just at home visiting my family in the United States, and being that sesame is not a priority allergen in the United States, I contemplated bringing raisins from Toronto with us.  Before leaving I decided to contact Trader Joe's directly to inquire about their raisins and possible sesame cross-contamination.  To my delight, Trader Joe's has confirmed that their Organic Thompson Seedless Raisins are safe.  The email response reads as follows: "There is no sesame in the facility that processes our Trader Joe's Organic Thompson Seedless Raisins".  Raisins that are cleared for tree nuts and sesame seeds; good for our family and good for snacking.  *Keep in mind that some raisins may contain certain oils that an allergic family is avoiding.  

No comments:

Post a Comment