Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Chocolate Chip Bread


favorite bakeware: www.benningtonpotters.com
Bread with chocolate!  Made in just minutes with my Thermomix and whenever we want it since the machine does the weighing, mixing and kneading. This chocolate bread quickly became a favorite breakfast and after school treat during my second pregnancy. I  craved baked goods both pregnancies, but was twice as scared to have an allergic reaction and need to take Benadryl, or even worse, have to grab for my epi-pen. Combine my son's sesame allergy-can now tolerate egg in bake goods but with caution-with my nut allergy, and you'll see the comfort in doing our own, safe baking.


What you need:

325 g luke warm water 
40 g butter
1.5 tbsp cocoa (we used Trader Joe's: email customer service for quick allergen risk response)
1 tsp salt 
2 tsp yeast 
40 g sugar
520 g bakers flour  (I used all-purpose.  I would like to try mixing with whole grain flour)
150 g choc chips  (Enjoylife brand free of top allergens, but we are comfortable with WholeFoods 36570% dark chic chunks)

What to do:



Place all ingredients into bowl and mix speed 6 for 7 seconds.  Knead on interval speed for 2 minutes.

Proove 30 minutes and bake on 180 degrees for 40 minutes.  Let cool before serving.

*add pinch of cinnamon or some orange zest,  Maybe rosemary?
**play around with when to add chocolate chips,
***spread with some coconut butter, or cream cheese and preserves. Maybe ricotta with a drizzle of honey? Maybe whipped butter with add-in like fresh berries?

No comments:

Post a Comment