Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Thermomix Caramelized Onions

Thermomix constantly stirs the onions while cooking.  Hands-free cooking :)

We will use to top sandwiches, tacos and salads all week.  It's so easy to eat more deliciously with Thermomix

A bowl of massaged kale and a bowl of caramelized onions.  I don't really care what else we serve with it.




Before making the carmamelized onions, I made the 5-minute rainbow salad.  I go from one thing to the next with Thermomix.  I just rinse the bowl and keep going. 

The caramelized onions will be on the table as a regular topping

Love with hummus






I adapted the recipe from my favorite Thermomix cookbook: Quirky Cooking. I chose not to add in the Rapadura sugar because I like the onions without it. 

What you need:
500 g brown onions, cut into eights, individual pieces separated
2 tbsp olive oil or ghee
1/4 tsp salt
1-2 tbsp balsamic vinegar

What to do:
Place all ingredients into mixing bowl and cook 10 min/Varoma/reverse blade/spoon

Scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl with spatula and cook again, 10 min/Varoma/reverse blade/spoon.

Transfer to a jar and store in fridge.  I use right away after making an then store an use all week. 

This cookbook is a total must in my opinion.  I have learned so much from her over the years. 
Made with local Balsamic vinegar.  This one is nice and thick.

No comments:

Post a Comment