Wednesday, July 18, 2012

When in Toronto, please enjoy Monforte cheeses; I miss them terribly!

wrapped like a present
I was just thinking about all the yummy things I miss eating in Toronto.  And funny that I stumbled across Monteforte Dairy on the kitchn.com today.  Oh, what I'd do to get some of their pescorino fresco.  It happens to be my son's favorite cheese spread on bread and one of our summer go-to cheeses.  I often would pick up a variety of their cheeses twice a week at St. Lawrence Market, Brickworks, and the Metro Hall Farmer's Market on Thursday mornings.  My son knew the names of the friendly people behind the cheeses and loved strolling to get it.  Check out a good description with photos here: http://www.thekitchn.com/in-canada-try-monforte-dairy-cheeses-the-cheesemonger-174298
drizzled with local buckwheat honey!

No comments:

Post a Comment