Thursday, January 9, 2014

Coconut Water Hot Chocolate

It's a rainy day. Big Brother is home sick.  Baby Brother's first tooth is popping through.  Both are napping at the same time.  Chicken stock is simmering and will be ready in a few hours.  What should I make right now?  I have a jar of coconut water in the fridge, or really what was left from separating out the cream on top to make the coconut frosting last weekend.  I could make a smoothie, but I prefer to eat the fresh strawberries from the farmer's market as they are.  And the frozen wild blueberries are best left to top our morning pumpkin pie steel cut oat porridge.  How about a new twist on hot chocolate?  I looked up coconut water hot chocolate and pulled up this recipe.  Below is how I'll try it out in my Thermomix.  With my Thermomix, nothing goes to waste, and playing in the kitchen is easy and fun since there is less to clean up :)

Add leftover coconut water to TM bowl, in this case what was left over from making frosting with two cans of coconut milk, along with 1/4 cup of  raw cacao powder (know of a allergy safe brand?), a dash of vanilla, a pinch of good salt, a heaping tablespoon of sucanat or maple syrup  some cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice to jazz things up.  That was how I made it today.  I'm sure I'll be playing around with the amounts. Now, 70 degrees, speed 1, 5 minutes.  Then blend on speed 6 for 30 seconds.  Enjoy!

*Fast-forward to following day, I took a sip of leftover hot chocolate.  Totally deliciously and creamy cold out of the fridge.  Perhaps I'll make double the amount and store in the fridge for hot Houston days?

No comments:

Post a Comment