Saturday, June 29, 2013

Baby's First Foods: Butternut Squash

perfect puree
Great timing! we got a small butternut squash in this week's CSA basket.  It is super simple to turn the squash into puree with my Thermomix.  I have a few sets of instructions for purees.  I will be posting a simple guide, "Comidas Infantiles", in English that I made from my mother-in-law's Thermomix book in Spanish. Her Thermomix is the previous model. Basically, [20 minutes/100 degrees/speed3] and then [puree 20 seconds speed 6] Today, I followed how to make simple purees from What Caroline Cooked. See here: http://whatcarolinecooked.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/baby-food-6-8-months.html

What you need:

350g organic fruit or vegetable of your choice, peeled, seeds removed and roughly chopped
1 MC water

What to do:
Place fruit or vegetable into TM bowl and chop for 5 seconds/speed 4.
Scrape down sides and add water
Cook for 10 minutes/varoma/speed 1  (I ended up adding more water and cooking 5 minutes longer!)
Puree for 20 seconds by slowly turning dial to speed 9
Place into serving dish, cool slightly and serve.

                    
Perfectly Cute CSA Squash

No comments:

Post a Comment