Monday, May 30, 2011

Chocolate Brownie Cake

I found this recipe at: http://www.thesimplelens.com/2011/05/byeeee-byeeee-brownie/ and was in the kitchen making them before I could finish reading the ingredient list. It was raining and I had a chocolate craving. Usually, I bookmark recipes and make them a few weeks later, but I got excited and made these right away.  Great chocolate flavor and cake-like texture.  These brownie cakes freeze well for future chocolate cravings or to bring to mommy friends and make them happy.  I ate one straight out of the freezer this afternoon.  Make sure to use chocolate from a brand that guarantees no cross-contamination with nuts or seeds; they will be a hit with children and parents alike. This cake will give you another reason to love the avocado's versatility.  So many vegan desserts include mashed banana and avocado. I will be posting a quinoa cookie made with bananas when I get around to it.  I have to rely on others to tell me what they think of them though since I am allergic to bananas.


What you need:
1 avocado
3/4 cup cocoa powder (check out: http://www.vermontnutfree.com/)
2 cups all-purpose flour
1.5 teaspoons baking powder
pinch of salt
1 cup raw sugar
1/3 cup maple syrup
1.5 teaspoons vanilla extract
1.5 cups water
3/4 cups choco chips (I use Enjoylife brand)

What to do:
Preheat oven 350 degrees.
Smash avoado with spoon or in Thermomix.
Combine avocado with wet ingredients.  I blended until smooth in Thermomix
Sift together dry ingredients.
Add dry to wet in several batches, mixing after each additon. stir in choco chips, then pour batter into greased 9 x 9 baking dish.
bake for 35-45 minutes, check with toothpick for doneness.
remove from oven and let cool for at least 20 minutes.
store in labeled freezer bag
and pull for chocolate cravings

1 comment:

  1. Is anyone out there still thinking about getting this? Well stop thinking! The Thermomix is one powerful device that is very versatile in the kitchen. Trust me, you’ll realize what I’m talking about when you get one.

    ReplyDelete