Thursday, May 19, 2011

Lemony Asparagus and Broccoli Rabe Over Polenta

I have only had my Thermomix for about one year now and I don't know how I ever lived without it.  I am inspired to find new recipes, buy great ingredients and then let the Thermomix do the work for me.   I have always enjoyed going to the market and being in the kitchen, but the Thermomix adds new joy to cooking. It also frees up a lot of hands-on time.  Yesterday, I was able to play with my toddler all while the Thermomix helped me make dinner.  It chopped veggies, cooked up a garbanzo stew and whipped up creamy and comforting polenta.  If you are looking for an interesting blend of textures and a way to enjoy all the seasonal, fresh local asparagus this time of year, try this dish.  If you are looking for a good vegan supper, try this dish.  I love that I was able to pour the extra polenta into a pan for it to set; we enjoyed the polenta creamy last night and tomorrow night we can slice it into triangles and top with bolognese sauce or mushroom ragu.  


The original recipe can be found at:
http://marcussamuelsson.com/recipes/lemony-asparagus-and-broccoli-rabe-over-polenta-recipe#more-10395  Marcus Samuelsson's website has a lot of inspiring meal ideas.  


The list of ingredients and directions seem a bit intimidating, but this is all quite simple to put together.


Ingredients and Thermomix instructions will appear in the next post.























    1 comment:

    1. It’s great that there are Thermomixrecipes all over the internet and even books that can be bought. That’s one of the first things I did before buying a Thermomix, I checked out some of the things you can make with the machine and I wasn’t disappointed.

      ReplyDelete