Friday, May 6, 2011

Glorious Homemade Cheese Crackers

freshly baked and
ready to take on the go!
I am so excited about my new favorite homemade snack that I have not stopped talking about it since it came out of the oven. Homemade cheese crackers are simply better than the packaged kind, and the smell of them baking in the oven will make you very, very happy.  Just make them, you won't be sorry!  


The whole process was actually quite fun.  I enjoyed using a pizza cutter to make the small squares.  A silicone mat is the way to go; you can roll the dough, cut the squares and bake all on the same space.  Watching the crackers cook and slightly puff up in the oven was a highlight.  I am so glad that I can make my own cheese crackers now; quality ingredients and no need to read allergy-warning on package!  There is no question that I will be baking more of these in the future; but, will I really be making these delicious cheese crackers for my toddler? I guess we will learn how to share together.


I found the recipe on http://www.fixmeasnack.com/.  I will be going to this blog for other new snack ideas.   For the original recipe and instructions, click here: Cheese Crackers-- I couldn't do a better job mapping out the process.  


Some changes: besides using my Thermomix instead of a standard food processor, I used white cheddar cheese instead of orange.


Rolling out the dough on silicone mat:


Cutting dough with pizza cutter, I was so excited that I couldn't seem to make straight lines!:



Below, you will find the adapted Thermomix method for making mixture.
Place all ingredients (in list up to 'butter') in TM bowl, mix for 5 seconds, speed 2

Add butter to TM bowl

Mix for 10 seconds, speed 6

With motor running at speed 1, add water and mix for 30 seconds until dough starts to clump up or form into a ball. Picture of what mixture looks like:

1 comment:

  1. Hi there -- I was thrilled to find a Canadian blog with Thermomix recipes for families with allergies, so I've added yours to the list of "Best Thermomix Blogs" at http://SuperKitchenMachine.com -- Thanks again, and keep on Thermomixing

    ReplyDelete