Thursday, January 27, 2011

Banana Bread

My toddler seems to only eat bananas if baked in cake.  I personally have not tried this loaf cake since I am allergic to bananas.  I made it for a friend who said that she couldn't believe how yummy and moist it is.  The original recipe is from Bakin' Without Eggs. This recipe has a few adaptations.  Photos coming soon!


what you need:
4 ripe bananans, mashed
1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour ( I play around with flour mixture)
1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
1 cup sugar (I make with 1/2 cup maple syrup for my toddler)
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 cup canola oil
3 tablespoons orange juice

what to do:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Lightly butter loaf pan

In a large bowl, mash bananas.  Add in flours, sugar/maple syrup, salt, baking soda, oil and orange juice.  With a wooden spoon, mix until smooth.

Spoon out batter into prepared pan.

Bake for about 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean.

*I add in a handful of finely chopped kale.  The kale specks blend in with the banana specks!

No comments:

Post a Comment