Saturday, January 8, 2011

Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes

I have tried several egg-free pancake recipes. This one is a family favorite.   I like that there is no sugar in the batter.  I drizzle  maple syrup on mine. My toddler likes them as is, no extra maple needed.  

You will notice that I use a kitchen machine called Thermomix in several recipes.  For the pancakes, I use it to whip and make buttermilk.  It takes all of about 2 minutes in the Thermomix.  I like that I can make butter on Saturday evenings so that I have both buttermilk and butter for pancakes on Sunday mornings.   I also like to make Anzac biscuits (will be posted soon) right away using 1/2 the Thermomix butter.  Of course, you can just buy butter and buttermilk.  

I like to freeze a few pancakes to have on hand for snacks and for car trips.  

What you need:
2 cups of wholewheat flour
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons dark maple syrup
2 Tablespoon organic canola oil
1 teaspoon alcohol-free vanilla extract
frozen wild blueberries, we like the Whole Foods 365 brand.  (the wild blueberries are tiny, my toddler does not like the bigger, juicier ones)
2 cups of buttermilk (made with Thermomix )
Butter (made with Thermomix)

What to do:
Night before, mix dry ingredients together in bowl.  Cover with plastic wrap.
Next morning, add wet ingredients and then gently stir in blueberries.
Heat butter in electric skillet and you are ready to make pancakes the size of your choice.  

No comments:

Post a Comment