Monday, January 17, 2011

Kale Chips

I see recipes for kale chips everywhere these days.  They are gaining popularity, and they have with my family.   For the allergic community, this vegetable chip is beyond great: crunchy, delicious, easy to make and free of all top allergens!


I buy a bunch of kale every week.  I use half to make chips and the other half is thrown into pasta and soups and meatloaf.  


I spin the leaves in my Oxo salad spinner.  My toddler loves to push the button repeatedly.  Get your toddlers involved and I'm sure you will even get them to eat a plate-full of kale.  


I have a few kale chips recipes in my files.  I am posting one I have from this February's Real Simple magazine.  


What you need:
Bunch of kale
olive oil
salt and pepper (you can add garlic powder, cayenne or any other spices you like)


What to do:
Preheat oven to 300 degrees.  Line baking tray with parchment paper.


Tear leaves off from stems into pieces.


Toss with olive oil and seasonings.


Spread on baking sheet.  Try to not have edges touching to prevent soggy chips. 


Bake for about 20-30 minutes.  This is the hardest part of the recipe, it takes some practice to know when they are ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment