Sunday, January 16, 2011

Garlicky White Bean Dip

We used to keep hummus in the fridge.  We now keep a big bowl of garlicky white bean dip. I like to serve and store it in a large glass rectangle container.   It is great with crackers and crudité.   It is simple to make and full of flavor.  Volunteer to bring this to people's house as an alternative to hummus.  Nothing scares me more than tahini at parties!  I  use 3 cans of beans if I am serving more than 10 people.  

What you need:
2 cans cannellini beans
2 garlic cloves (up to you how much garlic!)
1/2 cup fresh herbs (I do not always add herbs) and or/ handful of chopped kale
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
juice of 1/2-1 lemon
salt, pepper and paprika to taste.  (we use Merken, a Chilean spice that resembles paprika.  Since sesame is not prevalent in Chilean gastronomy, I feel more safe with this packaged variety)

What to do:
Purée all ingredients in a food processor, Thermomix or with a hand blender.  Nothing else needed besides something for dipping or spreading!


No comments:

Post a Comment